‘Black Fungus’ is a very rare infection, it is observed by doctors in Covid-19 patients. ‘Black Fungus’ is caused by exposure to mucor mold which is commonly found in plants, soil, manure, and decaying vegetable and fruits.
Mucormycosis affects the sinuses, brain, lungs and can be life-threatening in diabetic or severely immunological disorder individuals, such as cancer or HIV/AIDS patients. Usually, ‘Black Fungus’ does not cause major trouble to those with a healthy immune system.
What are the Symptoms of ‘Black Fungus’?
* Nose blockage or congestion and water discharge in the nose (blackish/bloody)
* Cheekbone pain, one-sided face pain, swelling or numbness
* Nose or palate be blackish discoloration
* Looseness in teeth and jaw
* Blurred eyesight with pain
* Pain in the Chest, and Exacerbation of respiratory symptoms.
Treatment of Black Fungus
Usually, Antifungal medications are used in the treatment of ‘Black Fungus’. These Medications are Posaconazole, Amphotericin B, and Isavuconazole, which can stop the growth of the fungus and control the infection until the fungus is not completely destroyed.
In serious cases, surgery is a way to remove dead or infected tissues. Surgery is permanently damaged you mentally and physically, as it involves removing parts of the nose and eyes.